Beyond Horse Massage: A Breakthrough Interactive Method for Alleviating Soreness, Strain, and Tension
Would you like to enable your horse to perform and feel better, to overcome old limitations and restrictions and reach its full potential? In this book, Jim Masterson, Equine Massage Therapist for the 2006 and 2008 and 2010 USET Endurance Teams, and for equine clientele competing in FEI World Cup, Pan American and World Games competitions, teaches a unique method of equine bodywork, in which the practitioner recognizes and follows the responses of the horse to touch to release tension in key junctions of the body that most affect performance. This practical book: - has step-by-step instructions, photographs and illustrations
This practical book:
- has step-by-step instructions, photographs and illustrations is ideally suited to accompany you to the barn, where you will practice the Masterson Method techniques on horses. -includes chapters
- includes chapters with Tips & Techniques, anatomical explanations and examples from Jim's practice help deepen your understanding.
- has a "quick reference" section will point you to exercises that are specifically suited to your particular discipline, may it be dressage, endurance, eventing or barrel racing, or others in the vast realm of horse sports.
By using these techniques, and knowing the responses to look for, you are able to:
- achieve a release of accumulated stress in deep-seated key junctions of the horse's body that affects mobility, comfort, attitude, training and performance
- restore muscular and structural balance, and natural alignment enable your horse to perform optimally and respond to your training without stiffness and pain
- achieve new levels of communication and trust with your horse that spill over into other areas of interaction.
We Also Recommend
Horse Speak: The Equine-Human Translation Guide, Conversations with Horses in Their Language By Sharon Wilsie & Gretchen Vogel
Fit to Ride in 9 Weeks!: Achieve Straightness, Suppleness, and Stamina In the Saddle by Heather Sansom
Acupressure for Horses: Hands-On Techniques to Solve Performance Problems and Ease Pain and Discomfort by Dr. Ina Gösmeier