George Morris Lessons In Horsemanship 2008 -DVD
Learn from the Master! This DVD presents lessons, tips and insights from the week-long 2008 clinic, held in Wellington, Florida. Learn the essentials of horsemastership along with eight top junior riders, coached by George Morris, the legendary hunter/jumper/equitation coach, in a unique week-long training session that included the basics of sound stable management and horse care in addition to riding.
Ably assisted by "mentor grooms" Beezie Madden, Frank Madden, Leslie Howard, Margie Engle, Lauren Hough, Melanie Smith-Taylor, Todd Minikus, Viv Munden and Laurie Pitts, as well as other experts, Morris teaches horsemanship and the principles of classic riding on the flat and over fences.
A sampling of what you will learn:
- Basics of flatwork-position and repetition
- Exercises to make your horse more supple and rideable
- How to place your horse in the best takeoff spot
- Gymnastics over cavalleti poles
- Evaluating your horse's conformation
- Tack cleaning, bandaging and other stable-management staples
Bonus: Instruction from other experts, including Land o' Lakes Purina Feed equine nutritionist Dr. Katie Young, top veterinarian Danny Marks, course designer Steve Stephens-and funny behind-the-scenes outtakes!
We Also Recommend
5-Minute Jump Fixes – DVD: Favorite Solutions for Better Jumping Performance in No Time by Wendy Murdoch