Inside Your Ride: Mental Skills for Being Happy and Successful with Your Horse
Become the confident, composed, and effective rider you've always wanted to be! Mental skills coach Tonya Johnston, MA, has helped thousands of equestrian athletes achieve success at every level, from recreational riders to award-winning international competitors. In Inside Your Ride, she provides specific methods and clear, easy-to-follow directions to help you mentally prepare for your next ride or competition, no matter your discipline and skill level.
This book will show you how to:
- Become energized and overcome riding challenges
- Highlight progress and success within your goal setting
- Conquer anxiety and develop a positive attitude
- Stay in the moment during your ride
- Fine-tune your visualization skills
- Build a consistent preparation routine
- Communicate well with trainers, partners, parents, or fellow boarders
Inside Your Ride is also filled with inspiring quotes, stories, and insights from Olympic and world-class riders and trainers, including Margie Engle, John French, Guenter Seidel, Anne Kursinski, McLain Ward, Gina Miles, and Missy Clark, who share their personal mental preparation strategies.
We Also Recommend
101 Dressage Exercises for Horse & Rider by Jec Aristotle Ballou, Foreword by Lisa Wilcox