John Lyons' Bringing Up Baby: 20 Progressive Ground-Work Lessons in Developing Your Young Horse into a Reliable, Accepting Partner
In this award-winning training guide, renowned horseman and clinician, John Lyons, give you his proven program for developing your horse into an accepting, reliable equine partner.
In 20 lesson plans, each building on the previous one, you will use stress-free conditioned response techniques to teach your youngster groundwork basics. Whether your plans are to compete or ride the trails, you and your youngster will benefit for the skills, confidence, trust and communication you will gain from this progressive training program.
With John's simple, multi-lesson plans, you will:
- Make learning east, enjoyable, and stress-free for you and your youngster.
- Learn effective, force-free ways to communicate with your equine partner.
- Develop a rock-solid relationship with your equine companion based on trust, confidence, and acceptance.
- Teach your youngster ground-work basics from haltering, leading and longing, to loading in a trailer, yielding to rein pressure and saddling.
- Lay a strong foundation for future under-saddle work in all disciplines.
Paperback, 100 pp.
We Also Recommend
Horse Speak: The Equine-Human Translation Guide, Conversations with Horses in Their Language By Sharon Wilsie & Gretchen Vogel
Fit to Ride in 9 Weeks!: Achieve Straightness, Suppleness, and Stamina In the Saddle by Heather Sansom
The Perfect Horse: The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis By Elizabeth Letts