Dressage Explained: Part 4 by Dr Britta Schöffmann
Lateral Movements: From Shoulder-Fore to Half-Pass (DVD)
Shoulder–fore, shoulder–in, counter shoulder–in, travers, renvers, half–pass—they all belong to the lateral movements and, after the basic work has been established, are the next step in the dressage journey. They promote and require collection, improve impulsion and straightness, and lead to more freedom in the shoulders and better self–carriage. Lateral movements ridden correctly and with a light hand encourage your horse to dance.
- Learn all about the various lateral movements in this DVD:
- How each lateral movement should look
- Which aids are given-how and when
- Typical problems that may arise
- Why the lateral work can have a positive effect on the quality of the paces
- How the lateral movements fit into the overall education of your horse
Format: DVD, run time: 82 mins.
We Also Recommend
101 Dressage Exercises for Horse & Rider by Jec Aristotle Ballou, Foreword by Lisa Wilcox