Mini School: Train Your Miniature Horse to Be All He Can Be by Sabine Ellinger
Now in paperback! The first book of its kind for Miniature Horse lovers, Mini School takes the training and conditioning of Minis as seriously as that of their full-size cousins. With real, honest-to-goodness in-hand work that promises a relaxed, supple body and correct frame, as well as obedience, you're given the tools to transform your cuddly companion into a sleek, well-muscled athlete and a talented entertainer.
This popular handbook includes sections that cover:
- How Minis learn, with discussion of both "learning through association" and "learning through success."
- Work on the longe line, long lines, and long reins, with special instruction on the proper use of side-reins and whip cues.
- Popular tricks loved by audiences and Minis alike--bowing, kneeling, sitting, lying down, and rearing, to name a few.
- Lateral work, including leg-yield, shoulder-in, haunches-in, and half-pass.
- Dressage movements in hand, such as pirouettes, piaffe, passage, and levade.
- Conditioning through cross-training, featuring fun driving exercises in the arena and on roads and trails.
- Plus, you'll get a dictionary of voice commands and tips on how to use them.
Paperback, 184 pp.
We Also Recommend
101 Dressage Exercises for Horse & Rider by Jec Aristotle Ballou, Foreword by Lisa Wilcox