Riding with Franklin Balls (DVD) by Eckart Meyners and Sibylle Wiemer
Equestrians have discovered the Franklin® method for themselves. The air or water-filled, plastic balls and rolls were developed for self-massage and fascia training, but are also ideal for helping riders to discover new flexibility and suppleness, easing tension and blockages and helping to correct the position. The balls and rolls are positioned under the seat, thighs or arms.
This film shows what you can achieve with Franklin® balls and how to ride with them. “If I am more flexible then my horse can move better too.” Riding with Franklin® balls for the first time is both surprising and memorable. Six riders tried out the Franklin® balls and described their experience for this film. Sports educator Eckart Meyners and riding instructor Sibylle Wiemer assist the riders in this experiment and explain the function, effect and how to use the five different balls and rolls.
In this film you will learn:
- How and where the Franklin® balls affect the rider's body
- Why sitting on the roll improves the seat
- How Franklin® balls under the arms change the rider's rein contact
- Why balls Franklin® balls under the thighs influence the aids and
- How horses respond to the rider's increased freedom of movement.
DVD, run time: 57 minutes
We Also Recommend
101 Dressage Exercises for Horse & Rider by Jec Aristotle Ballou, Foreword by Lisa Wilcox