The Secret of a Successful Halt (DVD) - Dressage Explained: Part 1 by Reinhart Koblitz
A successful halt is the key to good riding. It's of greatest importance--often used and practiced, yet surrounded by uncertainty and misunderstanding.Have you asked any of the following questions:
- How does one get the perfect "halt"?
- What does "sit back and deep in the saddle" mean anyway?
- Why does the leg have to be on the horse's body when I want to halt?
- How can I resist without pulling backward?
- What should I do when my horse leans on the bit?
- Why does it always take me half a circle to manage to go from trot to walk?
At last, these endless questions are explained and the techniques for successful halts taught. The program features both amateur and professional riders including Olympic champion Ingrid Klimke, as well as a thorough explanation of the biomechanical reactions of the horse to the aids during a halt by well known physiotherapist Helle Kathrine Kleven.Format: DVD, run time: 45 mins.
We Also Recommend
101 Dressage Exercises for Horse & Rider by Jec Aristotle Ballou, Foreword by Lisa Wilcox